Le lundi 28 mars 2016 à 08:41 -0400, Erik Schnetter a écrit :
> The HDF5 package does not know how to install HDF5 on Linux; it
> requires HDF5 to be installed on the system. (This is different e.g.
> on Darwin, where it can install its own HDF5 library.) The solution is
> to update the HDF5 package to use BinDeps to install HDF5 from source.
>
> Installing HDF5 is just the usual "configure --prefix=somewhere; make;
> make install", so that should be straightforward. Unfortunately I'm
> not too familiar with BinDeps, and the documentation doesn't have an
> example for installing a package from a tarball. I'd be happy to
> create a PR if someone points me to an example, maybe in another
> package.
Building from source is good for a cluster when you don't have root
access. However, for many Linux users a package provider will be even
better (and it's easier to set up with BinDeps).

The BinDeps documentation is a bit hard to read, but it mentions the
Cairo.jl example, which is reasonably complete:
https://github.com/JuliaLang/Cairo.jl/blob/master/deps/build.jl

A simpler example is GSL.jl:
https://github.com/jiahao/GSL.jl/blob/master/deps/build.jl

Regards