I begun working on such a tool a few weeks ago.

A) It goes over the METADATA (https://github.com/JuliaLang/METADATA.jl) for
all the registered packages and then B) uses the GitHub API to get the
README and additional stats (contributions, stars, followers, etc).
Planning on C) exposing this as a REST-ful API and D) building a package
that can be used from the REPL to search for packages using the API.

A and B are done (though not entirely production ready yet) - C and D are
yet to come.

I'm building this as an application of a bigger project I'm working on - a
full stack web framework. This is going to take more time (I have the ORM
at 90% with basic controllers support and routing and serving via Mux) but
I can extract just the requirements for this and make it available in a few
weeks.

If anybody wants to contribute with ideas or dev time, I'd be happy to set
up a repo ASAP.

marți, 20 ianuarie 2015, 16:32:45 UTC+1, Iain Dunning a scris: