Sorry for not having expressed myself clearly, I meant the latest version
of fedora to work fine (24 development). I always used the latest julia
nightly available on the copr nalimilan repo. Right now that is:
0.5.0-dev+3292, Commit 9d527c5*, all use
LLVM: libLLVM-3.7.1 (ORCJIT, haswell)

peakflops on all machines (hardware identical) is ~1.2..1.5e11.

Fedora 22&23 with julia 0.5 is ~50% slower then 0.4, only on fedora 24
julia 0.5 is  faster compared to julia 0.4.