On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Scott Jones <scott.paul.jo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

That chart shows that Julia is the *only* language that does not have a one
> or two *ASCII* character infix operator for integer division.

Never mind JavaScript, Perl, Matlab, R, PHP or Lisp. Nobody uses those.

The fact is that there's a long tradition in dynamic languages that 1/2
does not produce 0. Of the dynamic languages in the Tiobe top 20
<http://www.tiobe.com/tiobe_index?page=index>, only Ruby does and most of
the rest don't have particularly short notations for integer division.
Integer division already has a three-letter function name *and* a one
character operator in Julia. As I said, that's plenty.

I'm very over discussing this (I'm not sure why I'm even writing this), but
I swear this is the last I'll post on the subject.