Thank you very much Yichao ! This explain all the problems I have... But it
still unclear :

I cannot create an empty 1D array and resize it :

julia> b = Array[]
0-element Array{Array{T,N},1}

julia> b = Array[]
0-element Array{Array{T,N},1}

julia> reshape(b,2,2)
ERROR: DimensionMismatch("new dimensions (2,2) must be consistent with
array size 0")
 in reshape at array.jl:146
 in reshape at abstractarray.jl:215

if I create a non empty 2D array I still have problems to append values to
it :

julia> b = [1 2; 3 4]
2x2 Array{Int64,2}:
 1  2
 3  4

julia> push!(b,[5,6])
ERROR: MethodError: `push!` has no method matching push!(::Array{Int64,2},
::Array{Int64,1})

julia> append!(b,[5,6])
ERROR: MethodError: `append!` has no method matching append!(::Array{Int64,2
}, ::Array{Int64,1})

even if possible, the values 1234 used to create the array will create
mistakes in my calculations ;)

The only possibility I found is to create a non empty 1D array :

julia> c = [1 2 3 4]
1x4 Array{Int64,2}:
 1  2  3  4

An then reshape it :

julia> reshape(c,2,2)
2x2 Array{Int64,2}:
 1  3
 2  4

But that means, that the array c cannot grow in size using push!() , is
that true ?