This is just an idea from the top of my head, probably wild and maybe
  silly. I haven't given it any serious thought.

Given the existence of the general promotion system (which I like a lot,
along with other things in Julia, such as the functor capabilities), I'm
wondering about automatic specialization.

What I mean is this: suppose you have a type Foo which can be converted
to an Int. Suppose as well that you have a function bar that only works
on Ints. You cannot currently call bar with a Foo, but since Foo is
convertible to an Int, it could make sense that bar() suddenly becomes
an applicable method, with implicit conversion...

--
ELS'16 registration open! http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info