Hi,

I have a question which may be laughable to CS people (be gentle, I'm a
Biologist), but we know from guidelines that Julia performs best, when a
method always returns the same type of value.
So the Julia type inference knows - ok, use this method with an Int, it
will always return a bool say. How does throws fit into this? To my mind
this means the method used with an Int may return a bool, but it also may
result in a type of (e.g.) ArgumentError getting thrown. So how do throws
in functions affect performance and julian's ability to infer types and
optimise code (if at all?)?

Thanks,
Ben W.