On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8:45:47 AM UTC, Ford Ox wrote:

> I have searched docs but didn't find any info on this.
>
> *How should one structure larger project (say minesweeper) with data
> encapsulation on mind?*

Funny you should mention Minesweeper and "larger" in the same sentence, as
the 80-line Minesweeper in my favorite example of concise Julia code to
show:

http://escher-jl.org/ *

https://github.com/shashi/Escher.jl

This includes all the code (excluding this generic library, and
dependencies), and doesn't need JavaScript, HTML, CSS..

In general, similar to Python, you can access data members of your types
(classes in Python), and there is no "private" as in C++ (or "protected",
that wouldn't apply here), but it's bad practice to do that.

There are very large Julia projects, so this is not a hindrance. See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_over_inheritance

* Very strangely, the website comes up, then turns blank, at least in
Firefox. I believed I had screwed up, something in the browser, with some
add-on, but in fact, I happened to get a new machine, and now have a clean
profile. This used to work..