A file has code surrounded by a module declaration.  It includes definitions of
some types and some functions.
In the REPL (ESS) I include the file and execute a function that returns me an
object x of type MyModule.Foo.
Then I change some of the code and include the module again.  The type Foo is
unchanged.

It seems to me that when I execute one of the module functions on x the
original version of the function, not the revised version, gets called.

If I recreate x then I get the current function definitions aka what I wanted.

First, is my understanding of what's going on correct?

Second, any recommendations for dealing with this?  In this case regenerating x
was not a big deal, but I can imagine situations that weren't so trivial.  If
there were lots of objects involved, one could keep a script that creates them
and rerun it.

Thanks
Ross Boylan