To expand on what Chris said... you might be able to use it from Plots if
you add this to your .juliarc.jl file:

ENV["PLOTS_USE_ATOM_PLOTPANE"] = true

The problem is that since working on this feature I've stopped using Atom,
and I'm not able to maintain support.  If anyone would like to take
ownership of this feature, let me know.