I want to set up a specific Julia environment on a cluster for other people
to use. I have particular packages, including some that are dev branches,
and even some that draw from my own fork of a branch to support a custom
feature for this environment. So the package setup is non trivial and I
don't want everyone else to have to follow the details.

Is there a way (now or in the future) to have a hierarchy of package
directories, so I could have a main repository that I setup and control for
the relevant packages, but still allow users to extend on that but into
their own package directory?

Or is there a way good way for me to auto-configure a complex package
directory for the user? I suppose the obvious answer is to just write a
package setup script, which might be a suitable solution. But I wonder if
anything else is possible or on the horizon.

Thanks,
David