type LinkedMesh{RT<:Real}
  faces::LinkedList{LinkedFace}
  vertices::Array{Point{3, RT}, 1}
  LinkedMesh(points::Array{Point{3, RT}, 1}) = new(nil(LinkedFace), points)
end

When I pass the below value to the above constructor, I get an error:
points::AbstractArray{Point{3, FT}, 1} #the value isn't relevant

mesh = LinkedMesh(points)

ERROR: MethodError: `convert` has no method matching
convert(::Type{Meshing.LinkedMesh{RT<:Real}},
::Array{FixedSizeArrays.Point{3,Float64},1})
This may have arisen from a call to the constructor
Meshing.LinkedMesh{RT<:Real}(...),
since type constructors fall back to convert methods.
Closest candidates are:
  call{T}(::Type{T}, ::Any)
  convert{T}(::Type{T}, ::T)

This suggests that it isn't using my constructor at all, possibly because
of the type parameter. But Float64 is a subtype of Real, so I don't see why
this isn't working.