Thanks to all the helpful comments. Just for the sake of tidiness, I
attached rev 3 of the (now even simpler) benchmark result PDF.

Changes are:
* Removed random number generation as it was pointed out that random
generators are relatively complex, and difference in implementation can
lead to unfairly large impact on the test results.
* Fixed the bug in Matlab code that had caused memory overflow. Now codes
in all languages run the same number of loops for same size arrays.
* I found if I wrap the Python code in a function, too, the performance is
also improved, although just slightly and far less dramatic comparing to
what happened to me in Julia.

I think I got what I am looking for in this simple test. Look forward to
using Julia a lot and enjoying the experience.

-Zhong