On Fri, 2016-07-15 at 20:47, Kurolong <twaldm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Guys and Gals  ^^
> I'm having trouble with Julia. Maybe one of you can help me out
> The program i am writing requires the linear-equation-system-solver(command
> "\") in the folder "Julia-0.4.5\share\julia\base\linalg".
> Now my problem is that i need the equation solved strictly on integers, an
> approximate solution is of no use to me, which is why i tried working with
> the "Rational" Type.
> Curiously, the solver seems to work for the Rational Type if and only if no
> pivoting is required. Otherwise, the following Error is thrown:
>
> WARNING: pivoting only implemented for Float32, Float64, Complex64 and
> Complex128
> ERROR: LoadError: OverflowError()
>  in * at rational.jl:188
>  [inlined code] from linalg/generic.jl:471
>  in reflector! at no file:0
>  in A_ldiv_B! at linalg/qr.jl:346
>  in \ at linalg/qr.jl:398
>  in \ at linalg/dense.jl:450
>  in include at boot.jl:261
>  in include_from_node1 at loading.jl:320
> while loading C:\users\<username
> omitted>\documents\julia-0.4.5\sg_project\v0.3\Test02.jl, in expression
> starting on line 3
>
> Code to reproduce the Error:
>
> A=[[2//1,0//1] [3//1,3//2] [1//1,3//2]]
> v=[2//1,0//1]
> A\v
>
> Now i am under the impression that i could build a relatively simple
> workaround if i knew exactly where in the developer's code the actual
> problem is, but i am confused by the whole organization of the thing.

This should open the editor in the right place:

julia> @edit A\v

If that does not work do this to look at it:

julia> @less A\v

Best probably monkey-patch it to work out the details, this is porgammer
speak for overloading the called method Base.(\)(A::StridedMatrix,
B::StridedVecOrMat).

Once it works insert it back into dense.jl, rebuild, add tests, make a
pull request, voila!