This isn't quite what I want: as with the discussion above, while
the example code has a sequence of predetermined graphs to be plotted, what
I'm really interested in is plotting the results of a more
intensive calculation frame by frame as it runs, rather than doing the
calculation of the entire trajectory, and plotting a manipulable plot after
the fact.

Nevertheless, it's useful to know that you can do some fancy plot
manipulation in this way!