Hi all,

I'm still a little confused about how to use julia's multimedia i/o. I'm
writing a module to interact with Maxima CAS and I want to provide i/o for
my maxima expression types. There are three different contexts that I'm
interested in:

(1) During string interpolation (among other things) I need to print out a
1D version of the expression
(2) In the REPL I want to print out a 2D version of the expression
(3) In Jupyter I want to print out a pretty Tex/MathML version of the
expression

Example:

if the Maxima expression is "sin(x)/x" i'd like to see

(1) sin(x)/x

(2) sin(x)
     -------

(3)  <<mathjax/mathml version>>

I've overloaded show(io, x::MaximaExpr) to get the appropriate behaviour
for (1), but I don't understand how to get (2) and (3) to work...

Thanks for any help!

Nathan