On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 1:47:59 PM UTC-4, Pigskin Ablanket wrote:

> Sorry if Im not following - I tried:
>
> Include("C:\Users\JHerron\My_Documents\My_Documents/
> Personal\DFS/NHL\Julia/code_for_Github.jl") aas shown below and got *ERROR:
> syntax: invalid escape sequence*

Backslashes have to be escsped in strings, like in many computer languages:
change \ to \\ in the string.

However, usually it is better to just run Julia from within the path that
you want rather than having to type absolute paths all of the time in the
REPL.

(In the long run, you usually do large-scale code development in a module
in the standard module search path, so you can just type "using Foo".)

(If you call include("foo.jl") from another file bar.jl, the path of foo.jl
is automatically relative to the path of bar.jl, so again you neither need
nor want absolute paths.)

For interactive code development where I need more than a few lines of
code, I usually use a Jupyter notebook (google "IJulia").