I am asking this just to look for some opinions or ideas on the most
Julia-like way to do something, as usual, I have no complaints with Julia :)

I am working on writing a plugin system in Julia and had a syntax question.
The plugin system was originally written in python and was based loosely on
the Salt plugin system. The plugin system allows for plugin subsystems to
be defined and then they all share a data "hub" so the plugin systems can
easily cross communicate.

In python the plugin system uses nested python objects to directly
reference the plugin function:
hub.subsystem.module.function(args/kwargs)

In Julia I have implemented it like this:
plugin(hub, "subsystem.module.function")(args/kwargs)

Would there be a better, more Julia-like way to represent this concept?

Thomas S. Hatch  |  Founder, CTO

3400 N. Ashton Blvd, Suite 110 | Lehi, UT 84043
tha...@saltstack.com | www.saltstack.com <http://saltstack.com/>