Just make an alias of, say, ~/.julia/v0.4/mypackage (hidden) and paste the
alias in the directory you want, e.g. Google Drive/mypackage_alias (not
hidden)

Whatever changes you make to mypackage_alias will change mypackage, which
can then be called on the REPL with <using mypackage>

This way you don't have to deal with hidden folders or having your only
backup on Github.

I couldn't find a clear alternative on Julialang's manual, which is
understandable given their resource constraint and priorities.

If my suggestion here is bullocks, please comment.