Dear all,

sorry for not replying before but I've been very busy lately... Still I
wanted to report back here. While I found some of teh previous solutions to
work, I finally found out there was a bad interaction between Anaconda's
Python and julia. SImply got rid of Anaconda and then reinstalled julia
0.5.0 and PyPlot and that worked out well again :)

Thanks for your kind help,

Ferran.