On Saturday, October 8, 2016 at 7:31:47 PM UTC, Chris Rackauckas wrote:

> From your second link:
>

>>    - Submissions for the first step in the search program will be
>>    accepted by SPEC beginning 11 November 2008 and ending 30 June 2010
>> (11:59
>>    pm, Pacific Standard Time).
>>
>> Where's the time-machine when you need one. :-) I could use one now.. I
still could/should delete these posts, just not from your memory..

In case they update again.. and allow Julia later or you want to support
the system they require support on:

https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/system-requirements.html
"You will need a computer system running UNIX, Microsoft Windows, or Mac OS
X. Pre-compiled versions of the toolset are provided that are expected to
work with: [List of some UNIX variants, unclear if support for all is
needed or only any one, then macOS is supported.. Julia could theoretically
support all]

[..] one unsupported toolset is provided as a courtesy.

   - Alpha Tru64 Unix V5.1B or later"

older info:

https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/changes-in-v1.2.html
"II.B. Unsupported toolsets: BSD dropped; Alpha updated.

   -

   SPEC CPU2006 V1.1 provided unsupported tools built on BSD. These
   toolsets are not present in SPEC CPU2006 V1.2.
   -

   SPEC CPU2006 V1.1 provided tools built on Digital Unix V4.0F. For SPEC
   CPU2006 V1.2, the tools have been rebuilt on Tru64 Unix V5.1B."

Seems backwards, with Alpha discontinued as of April 2007 (and "SPEC Ships
V1.1 <https://www.spec.org/cpu2006/press/V1.1release.html> (06/03/2008)")

but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tru64_UNIX
"supported until December 2012"