On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 5:17:45 PM UTC, Diego Javier Zea wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a function that uses `IOBuffer` for this creating one `String` like
> the example.
> Is it needed or recommended `close` the IOBuffer after `takebuf_string`?

I find it unlikely.

 help?> takebuf_string
search: takebuf_string

  takebuf_string(b::IOBuffer)

  Obtain the contents of an IOBuffer as a string, without copying.
Afterwards, the IOBuffer is reset to its initial state.

reset means they take action, and could have closed if needed; IOBuffer is
an in-memory thing, even if freeing memory was the issue, then garbage
collection should take care of that.

Since this thread was necromanced:

@Karpinski: "The takebuf_string function really needs a new name."

I do not see clearly that that has happened, shouldn't

help?> takebuf_string

show then?

What would be a good name? Changing and/or documenting the above could be
an "up-for-grabs" issue.

New function would just call the old function..