> Process Explorer does not indicate that lapack is being run when the
> problem occurs.

Does
  Find -> Find a Handle or DLL -> "liblapack"

Return any results? The goal is to look for any open handle to
"liblapack.dll", which would lead to the "Can not delete" error indicated
in the posted error log. (I would not expect "liblapack" to ever be listed
in the main Process list)

If the search does not return any results, then the "Can not delete" error
may have a different cause.