FWIW I dont think this question has anything to do with naming
conventions and package organizations.

> On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 1:44:34 PM UTC-4, ma...@maasha.dk wrote:
>>
>> Using the example package https://github.com/JuliaLang/Example.jl/ I am
>> wondering:
>>

>> the root level name ~/Example.jl is case-insensitive and the .jl suffix is
>> optional i.e. if I rename ~/Example.jl to ~/example it still works.

As I said in the closed Example.jl issue, if you are using 0.5 or
master and see any of `import`, `using`, `importall`,
`require(::Symbol)` to be case insensitive in any cases, please report
it as a bug.
This probably only happen on case-insensitive file systems so I can't
really check myself if that was the case.

>> Changing ~/Example.jl to ~/fobar and it breaks.

You should also be more specific about how you are loading code. I
assume you are using `import`/`using`.

>> However, ~/Example.jl/src/Example.jl is not case-insensitive and the .jl
>> suffix is mandatory ...
>>

>> And how is the source tree searched? - the docs are a bit patchy ...

I'm not sure this is actually documented but package importing searchs
for `Module/src/Module.jl`, `Module.jl/src/Module.jl`, `Module.jl` in
the load path (including package directory). We should be doing this
in a case sensitive way even on case sensitive system (or it's a bug).
If this is not documented feel free to submit a Doc issue (or better,
pull request).