And although readline() yields a String, if you are asking for, say, a Int
or a Float64 value, you can add a second version of `input`:

```
typealias ParseableNumber Union{Float64, Float32, Signed, Unsigned, Bool}

"""
    `input{T<:ParseableNumber}(::Type{T}, prompt::String="")::T`

Read an integer or a floating point value from STDIN.

The prompt string, if given, is printed to standard output without a
trailing newline before reading the input.

days = input(Int, "How many days? ")

"""
function input{T<:ParseableNumber}(::Type{T}, prompt::String = "")::T
    print(prompt)
    str = chomp(readline())
return parse(str)
end