Hi Stefan,

1.  Is there somewhere I can get a copy of the shape file to test with?
2.  Is the speed up working for other large shape files?
3.  Does it perform better if you zoom to full extents instead of using the
Zoom bar.
4.  What is the Committed Memory showing after you load the file?
5.  After the blocked behavior, does the Committed Memory go down?

 Thanks for testing.  I have been waiting for other developers to try the
decimator mod to see if there might be issues.

regards,
Larry