Sunburned,

It's actually pretty straightforward to do the compare using Eclipse.
I use the right-click Compare With feature to synchronize features
with JUMP and OpenJump.  It will open up a Compare editor that will
step you through the differences and you can use the buttons to copy
changes that you want from one file to the other.

To invoke the Compare With feature you must have both projects open in
either the Eclipse CVS Repository perspective or the Java perspective.
 This is pretty easy since both are available on CVS, they can both be
checked out as projects.  You should choose the lowest version tag of
SkyJUMP to synchronize with since that one will have the fewest
changes.

It can get pretty overwhelming to figure out where to start.  The best
thing to do is to check out a copy of OpenJump and SkyJUMP and start
comparing the core classes.  I recommend you start with Viewport and
Java2DConverter.  There is very little difference between JUMP
versions in these files, yet small changes will give a great speed
improvement.  You should be most familiar with this part from your
work on a pluggable renderer.

If you ever find the number of changes is too great because of
internationalization or refactoring, just check out a copy of JUMP and
compare it to SkyJUMP.  That will highlight the changes in SkyJUMP
more effectively.

Good luck!  I know I don't have to tell you to ask questions. :-)

Larry

http://amusingprogrammer.blogspot.com/