I'm afraid I was already well into the process of setting up the SVN
when I read the helpful e-mails in this thread. :[

I have made a stab at setting up the SVN for OpenJUMP at the JPP, and
it *may* be ready for use.

I made a "trunk" and "branches" folders under the "openjump" folder. I
then created a branch of "trunk" in the "branches/stable" folder. This
included the scripts, installers, etc., not just the "trunk/src"
folder. This will allow us to version all elements of the release, not
just the source code. I can change this if it is not acceptable.

I also see everyone has SVN access.

Can someone check my work on the SVN before we decide to "go live"
with it. It is totally possible that I have royally messed things up.

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - When we do "go live" changes to OpenJUMP should go in the trunk.
After they have been "approved" (however that works) we can move them
to the stable branch.

P.S.S. - Might I suggest that we adopt a "suggested" format for commit
comments? I lined out some really basic guidelines for the SurveyOS
Project Subversion Repository. I'm not saying we should require
developers follow something similar, just that we "suggest" they do.

http://surveyoswiki.pbwiki.com/SurveyOS+Subversion+Repository+Usage+Guidelines

(I know that having a simple commit log format could help if we wantd
to use some scripts or parsing tools of the SVN logs in the future. At
least that is what I read in one of my SVN books.)