Hi SS,

If JTS used JUMP then it would need to be under GPL.

GPL software such as JUMP can use non-GPL components such as JTS.

The rule (I think is) if you have an application that uses GPL
components, those components which utilize GPL components must also be GPL.

I think a general good guiding principal is if you want to define an
interface that components can implement and you want to allow
proprietary implementations you should define that interface using a
less restrictive license than GPL.

Personally I'm not a fan of GPL due to the confusion it causes. As an
open source software developer I want people to use my code not have to
worry about dealing with lawyers.

Paul