My Google search of "Vista Swing Combo Boxes" didn't turn up any
information about a problem. I suspect if this was common to Swing on
Vista there would be some relevant hits. This makes me suspect that
something is wrong with our code?

Can anyone verify that Swing combo boxes have problems on Vista in
something other that JUMP/OpenJUMP?

The Sunburned Surveyor

P.S. - Stefan:  Maybe I can offer some tips when you move to Linux. :]
Save yourself some of my heartache and go with Ubuntu or Debian.