One thing that is very annoying and that we never got around to fixing
in JUMP is the sometimes extremely poor responsiveness when enabling
Colour Theming on a layer. It often happens that when you click the
"Enable colour theming" checkbox  JUMP decides that you want to theme on
FID and goes off and builds a list of colour styles for every single
feature in a layer.  This can be VERY slow.

A better approach would be to let the user choose exactly what he wants
to theme on, before the style list is created.  I'm not sure what the
best workflow for this is.  Options I can see are:
- let the Attribute dropdown be live all the time, and only build the
colour list when the Enable box is checked
- Only refresh the Styles list on user command, via a "Update styles" button

There's probably other possibilities too.

Has anyone thought of taking this on to improve?

Martin

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect