I've been looking at the steps necessary to add undo/redo support to
the Super Select Tool. I had a question or two about memory usage that
someone who has worked with the undo/redo code may be able to help
with.

How is the memory usage of undo/redo handled in OpenJUMP. For example,
will I be hogging all sorts of memory if I implement an UndoableEdit
that stores information needed to perform the "undo/redo" operation in
memory, and then create a process where the user could potentially
create lots of instances of these UndoableEdits? Does OpenJUMP enforce
some type of limit on the number of supported undo/redo operations or
a memory limit to keep this from happening?

If not, perhaps the smart thing to do is create an UndoableEdit that
stores its data on-disk.

Does anyone have experience combining multiple UndoableEdits into a
single undo/redo operation? As an example, the "send to layer" button
in my Super Select Tool could perform up to three (2) separate
operations depending on how it is configured:

[1] Copy selected features to the destination layer.
[2] Clear the current selection.
[3] Delete the copied features from the source layer.

I don't really want the user to be required to click the undo button
three (3) times to undo what they did with a single click, do I? This
means I have to find a way to combine the three (3) separate actions
into a single UndoableEdit, correct?

Thanks,