I had a brainwave last night. A maven repository is just a bunch of
files and directories on a server. The most recent subversion content
can be viewed via  HTPP as a bunch of files and directories. Therefore
we can just create a new subversion module for our repository and check
files into that. The advantage of this approach is any of our developers
can add new jars to the repository.

I'll add what I have to it sometime today

Paul