Daniel,

I'm sorry that I haven't responded sooner. I am going to send your
e-mail to our mailing list for OpenJUMP. Perhaps some OpenJUMP users
from South America can help you with answers to your questions.

You should consider subscribing to the mailing list if you will be
using OpenJUMP regularly. You can do so here: