The OSGeo originally had only 9 slots for the 30 student applications,
including the two from OpenJUMP. (One by Chris for TIN support, and
one by Leandro for visual geoprocessing models.)

The OSGeo was able to negotiate 11 more slots for a total of 20 slots!

That means that both our student applications for OpenJUMP were
accepted! This is great news, and it means we will actually get some
"funded" work on OpenJUMP this summer. I offer my thanks and
congratulations to both our students for their efforts in submitting
an application and for their interest in OpenJUMP.

I will post later today with what I think I will need from our two
students over the summer. I want to offer them the greatest
flexibility possible in implementing their projects, but will need
some sort of simple system to measure their progress so I can complete
all of my mentor documentation/reports for Google.

Each of our students will be eligible for the $4,500 stipend from
Google, while my $1000 mentor stipend will be donated to the OSGeo.

Good work guys!