your most welcome peppe,

I don't have jump or java programming environment setup these days (as I
am not working on/with that). But still If you could deliver the
pictures, I would write some text on the wiki. Also I volunteer to do
some spelling corrections.No logins necessary?

Regarding GPS extension:
Actually the combination of the extensions was meant to empower the user
to use jump (v1.1 then) for surveiing with a mobile computer..
Unfortunately it was more like a prototype for my superiors at the
university. It was never used practically, so there was no bugfixing,
updating etc.
The question to me is: When I actually update any extension, in my spare
time, without any connection to my daytime business, there should be an
active user community in need for the features. To date, question or
messages regarding the extensions came rather sparsely. Even some
thoughts about the redesign of the CTS extension, that were on the
mailing list, had no real response.

Maybe the guys from lat/lon (is that stefan?) in Bonn are interested in
further development of these extensions, and could put some manpower or
support into the matter. I am currently in Cologne, which is pretty
close to Bonn. For example I could need a gps mouse to work on the GPS
extension.
There are some open tasks: e.g. The serial interface library is
completely rewritten inbetween by some opensource people. The old one
from sun only working for win32 (and sparc?), is not distributed
anymore. The old opensource lib for linux is also not available anymore.
So currently it wouldn't work under linux.

But as I said... the question for me is... who would need this and
actively use it? Comments anyone?

Kind regards ...Ede