Well,

I just doublechecked with a recent openjump nightly build. Even if the
extension would start, I doubt the GPS Menu entries would be available.
Also I am under the impression that the old COM-API is not compatible
with java 1.5+ ... The old combination jump 1.1.2 / java 1.4 / comm-api
/ gps extension works as good as developed 4 years ago, but I doubt this
might be helpful to somebody.

Good news is I am working loosely on an updated version of the extension
which includes the former functionality but should works with openjump
1.2 and jdk 1.5 .. The need for extra serial driver installation will be
obsolete then. I can already confirm this aspect.

Sincerely Ede

--
public class WhoDidIt{ // A comment. I love comments
   private static Person sender;

   public static void main (String[] foo){

   sender = new Person();
   sender.setName(new String[]{"Edgar", "Soldin"});

   Address address = new Address();
   address.setStreet("Stadtweg 119");
   address.setZip(39116);
   address.setCity("Magdeburg");
   address.setCountry("Germany");

   sender.setAddress(address);

   sender.setMobilePhone(" +49(0)171-2782880 ");
   sender.setWebSiteUrl(" http://www.soldin.de ");
   sender.setEmail(" [EMAIL PROTECTED] ");
   sender.setPGPPublicKey(" http://www.soldin.de/edgar_soldin.asc ");
   sender.setGender(true);