>> Hi Peppe,
>> just my personal opinion...
>> Often the best translation of English technical terms is no
>> translation
>> at all!!!
>> The word "Feature" has a precise meaning in the
>> GIS context that anyone,
>> even in Italy, is aware of, so I'd let as is,
>> untranslated.
>> The word "Elemento" doesn't sound the right
>> one to me...
>
> We talk about tools which basically copy/past/edit/eic. geometries (points,
> lines and polygons) which have a graphical rappresentation on the workbench,
> This graphical rapresentation is called "Elemento grafico" and the single
> geometries are called in Italian "elemento puntuale", "elemento lineare" or
> "elementi areali".
> "Elemento" seems to me the correct choice, resumed fron a previous OJ
> translation on which I am working.
> On the other hand using an "hybrid" terminology (Copia feature?) would have
> sound  strange.
Yes, "Copia feature" sound really strange!!!
And "elemento lineare", "elemento areale", etc. are correct!!!
Is just they miss a little of the meaning of "Feature", that comprises
the non graphical attributes of the "Objects" too, but in this context
they should be the right terms.
Thank you for your work!!!

Bye
Paolo Rizzi