Hi,

  As I mentioned in the other thread, before the problem of partial database
updates can be solved, we must first be able to determine if a Feature has
been modified.  This is not currently possible in all of the JUMP variants
that I am familiar with, although Kosmo may have implemented it.

The simplest way of implementing it that I can see is to modify BasicFeature
to include:

private int[] attributeModCount;  //this is a parallel array to Object[]
attributes

Then it would be necessary to allocate the attributeModCount array when
setAttributes(Object[] attributes) is called.

In addition each time setAttribute(int attributeIndex, Object newAttribute)
is called, add the line of code:

attributeModCount[attributeIndex]++

With these modifications we could then define:

public boolean isFeatureModified() {
    for (int i=0; i<attributeModCount.length; i++) {
      if (attributeModCount[i] > 1)  //modified is defined as setting an
attribute more than once
         return true;
    }
return false;
}

Would this work and does this seem like something we should consider?

regards,
http://amusingprogrammer.blogspot.com/