However you decided to implement it, I'm sure it's going to work well!!!

But please, throw in whatever methods are needed for client code to
force both the mod-status and the init-status to true or false, so that
any client code, present or future, that doesn't follow your assumptions
will still be able to use a BasicFeature without problem.

Bye
Paolo