Hi Christopher,

  Our users would be satisfied with option 3.  As long as they can save a
project and open it again the next session, a little initial setup
complexity is a small thing.

  BTW, I do have a mod that tracks changes to BasicFeature ready to commit
that addresses all of the known issues.  I used a combination of Sunburn's
method and mine.

regards,
Larry

On 5/26/09, Christopher <infinitye...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What direction(s) does the community want me to go toward with regards to
> integrating the H2 database into OpenJUMP?
>
> Here's some initial options I've come up with:
>
> 1) Project as a database:
> When creating or saving a new project, you could select to make it a
> database project. Then all layers that are created are automatically saved
> into the database and when external layers are opened, the option for
> copying them into the database or leaving them external is given. To open a
> database project, simply open the associated H2 database.
> With this option, all project data can be stored in one file that can
> easily be moved around.
>
> 2) Database as a file folder:
> This is in the ArcMap style where the open file menu and save layer menus
> treats the database as simply another folder that you can navigate into and
> select individual files.
>
> 3 Database as a Data Store Layer:
> Use that Open Data Store and Connection Manager dialogues to manage opening
> and saving of layers. This would probably be the simplest to code with the
> least amount of core modification (if any), but I'm not sure that it would
> be as intuitive and invisible as it could be.
>
> Any comments or other suggestions?
>
> --Christopher

Larry Becker
Integrated Systems Analysts, Inc.