I think we should look at the vividsolutions code base as legacy - to be
maintained but not extended much.  New stuff should generally go into
openjump.core.  What is it about these two methods that doesn't fit this
paradigm?

regards,
Larry

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Sunburned Surveyor <
sunburned.surve...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are two (2) methods in the org.openjump.core.apitools that I
> think we should move to the
> com.vividsolutions.jump.util.CollectionUtil class. The first method is
> the org.openjump.core.apitools.CollectionTools.addArrayToList method.
> The second is the
> org.openjump.core.apitools.FeatureCollectionTools.resizeArray method.
>
> I'm willing to make this move in OpenJUMP and ensure it doesn't break
> anything in the core. It will be a little more difficult to ensure
> things don't break in the PIROL plug-ins.
>
> We can certainly leave things the way they are, but I'd really like to
> consolidate some of the utility methods we've got laying all around
> the core. I think this type of maintenance needs to be done at some
> point, or the stink in our code base will only get worse with time.
>
> If someone is willing to help me track down the source code for the
> PIROL plug-ins, I would be willing to refactor them with the change as
> well.
>
> Let me know what you guys think.
>
> SS

Larry Becker