Hei Nils,

I don't have really an idea since I have never worked with PostGIS, but
what if you test first in pgAdmin and look for errors (see the OGRS
tutorial[1], and Ravi Kumars tutorial on mineral prog[2] for using
pgadmin).

Not sure but maybe the new book on PostGIS ("PostGIS in Action") could
help, see:
http://www.bostongis.com/?content_name=postgis_tut01

Btw. wouldn't you get some error messages in Eclipse?

stefan

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/Documentation/OpenJUMP%201.3%20Docs%20%28English%29/ogrs2009_tutorial.pdf/download
[2]