Hi,

Don't know if you still want to work inside OpenJUMP  wokbench or not,
but here is a very simple example I just picked up from the JTS
discussion list :

String layer = "data/tigerline/2009_us_state/tl_2009_us_state.shp";
ShapefileReader reader = new ShapefileReader();
FeatureCollection fc = reader.read(new DriverProperties(layer));
List<Feature> fs = fc.getFeatures();

Is that what you're looking for ?

Michaël