Hi Helmut,

I've build a plugin for interfacing OJ with an external application
called "Archikart" (www.archikart.de), for use at my employer. You can
select a geometry in OJ an show the metadata in Archikart and the
reverse way, show a geometry in OJ from Archikart. The plugin searches
on all layers for the feature, selects the features and zoom to the
selected features.
At the moment we use this plugin for production, but it is not yet ready
for publishing. I plan the public release for the end of the year. If
you are interested, i can mail you the Netbeans project. If you work on
a similar project, it would be nice if we can build one common plugin
for interfacing OJ from external applications and vice versa.

Matthias