a java based starter would be interesting if iy solve the "long" procedure to
start OJ into MacOSX .

Peppe

--- Sab 28/8/10, edgar.sol...@web.de <edgar.sol...@web.de> ha scritto:

Da: edgar.sol...@web.de <edgar.sol...@web.de>
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] [openjump-users] Trojan in OJ.exe: Positive false
message
A: "OpenJump develop and use" <jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Data: Sabato 28 agosto 2010, 10:59

I am tired of antivirus detecting viruses in the oj.exe windows starter. We
can't send to each and every of them that it is a false positive every time.

Solution:
We have a working batch file starter. Having a second starter is a) confusing
and b) unfortunately unsettling users with virus alerts. Let's abandon the idea
of oj.exe until we come up with a better solution.

For a while I am thinking of a java based starter. A jar file which does the
job of the script files on every platform. Usually jar files are linked with
the runtime.
As a minimal version it could build only the command line and run
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html
the java runtime for the platform.

.. regards ede