Peppe,

Thank you for the menu suggestions. I will respond to a couple of the items
you asked about. I don't have Sextante loaded, so I can't answer some of
your questions.

Peppe wrote: "I wonder if they are still necessary to have or it would be
better to remove it from the menus: it has two duplicate: Open File and Open
Raster Sextante."

I would say, based on the ability to load images from the File
top-level menu, that this menu item in the top-level Layer menu could be
removed.

Peppe wrote: " "Rename selected layer" on Layer Tree is probably not
necessary since it is easier to change the name of the layer double clicking
on it."

This doesn't bother me. Some people may not know to try a double click.
Wouldn't bother me if we took it out either.

Peppe wrote: "Is it possible to move the menus from current position? Into
Layer Tree,  "Toggle visibility" of a layer is located in a lower position.
This tools seems quite useful when it is used with several files. Is it
possible to move it between "Selectable" and "Layer property" menus?"

I suppose this is possible. Is this where it used to be? Why does it work
better at the top of the LayerNamePanel pop-up menu?

Peppe wrote: "Is it possible to move the menus from current position? Into
Layer Tree,  "Toggle visibility" of a layer is located in a lower position.
This tools seems quite useful when it is used with several files. Is it
possible to move it between "Selectable" and "Layer property" menus?"

It is getting sort of long. I don't know how much sub-menus will help. It
would probably be good to keep new menu items in the top-level Layer menu.

I'll let Stefan, Larry, and Michael comment.

The Sunburned Surveyor