Thank you for your suggestions!

I've changed the messageLabel in the statusbar to a JTextfield. Now you
can mark and copy the content. There is a tooltip with a hint for the
user too.

It would be nice, if the other language contributors can translate the
new "ui.WorkbenchFrame.copy-to-clipboard" or mail me the translation.

@Michaël
I agree you, that long coordinates are not completely shown in the
statusbar. To add a tooltip with the full coordinates are only one line
of code, but this makes no sense for me. If you move the mousepointer
outsite the map onto the coordinatelabel to see the tooltip, then the
coordinates will be changed through the mouse movement.
A solution can be a kind of configurable statusbar. Configurable should
be which information are displayed and the size of the label/textfield.
The size (width) can be changed as a JSplitPane.

Regards

Matthias