Hi!
> I think Matthias is correct. We should rejigger the tools to work with
> different types of units instead of duplicating tools.
>
> I've looked at adding properties that get saved with the project file
> before (task names I think) and found it wasn't as easy as I wanted.
> It would be nice if we had a way to make writing custom properties to
> the project file a little easier.

I don't know, if we talk about the same. But for save and restore
properties in a Task (project) you have simply make a

Map taskProperties = task.getProperties()

And then you can put or get your own properties which will be
saved/restored automatically. With simple types this runs out of the
box. For complex types you have to build a java2xml mapping file
corresponding to the java class file.

Second I mean, that we should extend the set SRID stuff. Because most of
the EPSG definitions have a "units" parameter. So we can use the EPSG
parameters in the future for coordinate transformation and measure
computations. The bad way is to have two unit parameters in OJ.
Ede please can you tell us your statement, because your are more the
coordinate transformation expert than I.

Matthias