Greetings from Pitigliano

unfortunatelly I  left my house for job, after my last test and I wiil be
around for work for at least 10 days.
So I cannot test again ECW with your advices (version of jre and version of ecw
gvsig libraries).
Anyhow, as I can see from other distro (tell if I am wrong), there is no
possibility to have ecw support with jre 64 bit, So users of Windows 7 (at
least the newer version) have anyhow to configure OJ with any external jre 32
bit,
and I am not sure if ErMapper will make available new libraries for the newer
OS at that speed.
As I wrote you it was really a big surprise for me to have ecw support under
Linux (and OpenJDK). I think I will do more test when I will be back .... but
the majority of my students use Windows 7, Vista and XP .....

The proposal
For the moment, we can distribute the two libraries (ermapper and jecw)
separately as windows and linuxlibraries for  ECW files.
In the future we might find a solution

@Ede - I probabily have an old installation of GvSIG OADE version on a MacOSX
at the office in Bologna
. I am not sure if it works with ecw. When I will be back to Bologna on 26th I
will check the native libraries for ecw and send to you

regarde

Giuseppe

PS Pitigliano, the place where I am now (
http://www.tuscany-charming.it/en/places/pitigliano.asp) unfortunatelly for work